KEEP AlBoeNEWS FREE: At a time when many news services are going behind a paywall, AlBoeNEWS needs your support to stay independent and free. If you can, please donate.
Here’s the latest we have on the church shooting in Texas:
- 28 people have been killed in today’s shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, according to a federal law enforcement who spoke to the San Antonio Express-News.
- Between 15-20 people were wounded, various Wilson County commissioners told mySA.com.
- ABC News has identified the gunman as in his mid-20s, and a white male from outside San Antonio area with a “possible US military background.”
- Sheriff Joe Tackitt confirms the lone, un-named gunman is dead after a police chase of more than 10 miles.
- First Baptist Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy – who was not at this mornings service – tells ABC News his 14-year-old daughter is among the dead. She “was one very beautiful, special child,” he said.
- A press conference with authorities, including Texas Governor Greg Abbott, is scheduled to take place soon.