KEEP AlBoeNEWS FREE: At a time when many news services are going behind a paywall, AlBoeNEWS needs your support to stay independent and free. If you can, please donate.
Here’s the latest we have on the church shooting in Texas:
- A shooting took place at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas – 37 miles east of San Antonio – around 11:30am CT, Sunday.
- CNN reports Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt has told them “more than 20” are dead and at least 20 are injured, but there has not been an official confirmation of these numbers or reports of the same from other news organizations.
- At least 15 people have been shot, according to CBS News and multiple news organizations.
- Multiple reporters on scene say they have seen two bodies covered with blankets on or near the church grounds.
- First Baptist Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy – who was not at this mornings service – tells ABC News his 14-year-old daughter is among the dead. She “was one very beautiful, special child,” he said.
- Sheriff Tackitt confirms the lone, un-named gunman is dead after a police chase.