A 12-year-old girl died and four others were injured after a natural gas explosion at a Texas home early Friday morning.
Officials said the explosion occurred around 6:30 a.m. at a home on Espanola Drive in Dallas. The family that lived in the home were all inside when the explosion happened. The condition of the injured is unknown. Officials identified the young girl who died as 12-year-old Linda Michelle Rogers.
Neighbors told reporters the that the explosion was heard and felt from several blocks away. “I was sleeping when I heard like a big bomb,” Elisa Martinez, who lives next door to the home, told a Dallas TV station.
The force of the blast blew the house off its foundation and destroyed the roof. The front yard was littered with debris. Neighbors said that the family had recently moved into the home after renovating.