KEEP AlBoeNEWS FREE: At a time when many news services are going behind a paywall, AlBoeNEWS needs your support to stay independent and free. If you can, please donate.

A woman who was undergoing a routine surgery for ovarian cysts in Russia ended up dying after they were “embalmed alive.”

At some point in the preparation for the surgery, 28-year-old Ekaterina Fedyaeva was given an IV, typically with saline inside. However, the IV given was filled with Formalin, which contains formaldehyde. Upon discovering the mistake, medics attempted to remove the substance, but it was too late.

She began experiencing severe abdominal pain and eventually slipped into a coma. Eventually her heart stopped beating, despite being attached to a life-support system. As a result of the mistake, the head of the hospital, as well as the related medical personnel, have been fired.

Source: Woman accidentally ’embalmed alive’ during routine surgery

Advertisements

Leave a Reply