KEEP AlBoeNEWS FREE: At a time when many news services are going behind a paywall, AlBoeNEWS needs your support to stay independent and free. If you can, please donate.

An 8-year-old student took a kitchen knife to a central Minnesota elementary school and randomly attacked three children on Monday, authorities said.

Police Chief Perry Beise said the victims, aged 8, 9 and 13, suffered “superficial wounds” requiring stitches at Pleasantview Elementary in Sauk Rapids. No one else was hurt. Beise told The Associated Press he didn’t know why the boy did it.

¬†The police chief said, “He randomly cut three students then walked into the office and set the knife down.” School Superintendent Bruce Watkins said the boy lashed out at the other students until an adult intervened. The incident lasted about 5 minutes and took place in a school hallway.

By the time officers arrived, Beise said, the boy was in an office with a counselor and the three injured students were being treated by the school nurse. He said the boy was cooperative with investigators. He said he didn’t know if the boy had been bullied, or if he had mental health issues.

Beise said the boy was released to his parents. The police report will be forwarded to the Benton County Attorney’s Office. “They don’t charge children this young with crimes,” the chief said “You try to get them treatment and help them be successful. It’s also possible that human services will become involved in some way.”

Source: STLtoday – AP/News

Thank you to our sponsors: (Best Amazon Deals, January Gray, Movie Awards Plus, CentralOhioUFOReportingCenter, Bill). To become a sponsor for as little as $3 a month, click here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply