KEEP AlBoeNEWS FREE: At a time when many news services are going behind a paywall, AlBoeNEWS needs your support to stay independent and free. If you can, please donate.

A cremation involving an “overly obese” person turned into a fire after the unit they were in exceeded its normal heat levels.

The obese body reportedly caused the heat and flames to increase inside of the unit, causing the fire to spread to nearby containers. The containers then caught fire, spreading it further. Workers were unable to control the fire, and called for fire crews.

The container and cremation unit were the only things destroyed by the fire, as crematoriums are made exceptionally fireproof to prevent such “freak accidents.”

Source: Cremation turns into uncontrolled fire at funeral home – WCPO Cincinnati, OH

Advertisements

Leave a Reply