4 Shares

A Connecticut woman blew off several fingers when she accidentally lit a quarter stick of dynamite in her home Thursday night, officials said.

Assistant Fire Chief Michael Caldaroni said the woman lit what she thought was a candle during a power outage caused by a storm. Instead, police spokesman Av Harris said, she lit a quarter stick of dynamite. The dynamite stick went off in the woman’s hand.

One of her children called 911. The woman suffered serious injuries and was taken to Bridgeport Hospital. Several of her fingers have been lost. The Fire Marshal and Bridgeport police are actively investigating the incident.

Source: Woman Hospitalized After Lighting Dynamite Rather Than Candle – NBC Connecticut

Loading...
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
4 Shares

Leave a Reply